ARCS Foundation Award Application Information
The 2016-17 ARCS Foundation Scholars have been announced. View the announcement.
The information below is for reference purposes only; we will begin accepting applications for 2017-2018 nominations in May 2017.
Recipients of the ARCS Foundation Award, who maintain their academic standing, are funded for three years or through the completion of their doctoral degrees. Please note that mentors must nominate students and submit the applications to the BHSI.
ARCS Global Impact Information Sheet
2016 ARCS Award Poster
- Significant accomplishment in biomedical and public health related research directed towards preventing, treating, or curing human disease.
- Must have 3 years remaining in current doctoral program (this is a new requirement stipulated directly by the ARCS Foundation Atlanta Chapter).
- Full-time (minimum 9 hours/semester) enrollment for both Fall and Spring semesters.
- U.S. citizenship.
- GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Available to attend the ARCS Foundation Awards Luncheon in Atlanta the Thursday prior to Thanksgiving Holiday.
Application Materials (submitted by faculty mentor as one complete packet):
- A letter of nomination that includes an evaluation/recommendation from faculty mentor.
- A second letter of recommendation from graduate coordinator or additional faculty member.
- A letter of application (limited to 2 pages) from the student which must clearly and concisely describe the applicant’s research, its biomedical and public health relevance, and how the scholarship will further advance the research.
- A curriculum vita with projected graduation date, including reprints and/or preprints of publications and abstracts of conference presentations (encouraged to submit all).
- Applicants interested in applying for the ARCS Global Impact Award must also include an additional one-page statement explaining how their research directly impacts global health issues, as well as how they plan to use the additional funding to expand or enhance their research project.
For more information, contact Laura Balkcom in the BHSI office at 706-542-5922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.